Summer is on it’s way. Although it might not feel like it right now, it is just around the corner – promise! The Winter season can really be torturous to our skin causing dryness, flakiness and cracking. Hence the reason why it’s all the more important to really prepare and heal our skin for the Summer season.
I love this season for so many reasons; but mainly as it’s a time of renewal, time to do your annual spring clean and it should also be the time when you switch your skincare routine and adapt to the weather.
This month, I will share my top tips for preparing your skin for Summer…
1. Firstly Summer will bring more sunshine and more light, everything will be illuminated. Facials are a great way to brighten up the skin which you can then continue to maintain at home. This is a good time to examine any specific skincare concerns and if there are any noticeable changes e.g. dryness, congestion, redness or flakiness. I would recommend booking a ‘Hydrafacial Skin Health Ultra’ – this treatment will ensure you hit the beach with hydrated, rejuvenated and glowing skin.
2. Exfoliate your skin with effective cleansers. Regular exfoliation is vital to remove dead skin cells and give your pores a deep cleanse, revealing clean, clear skin.
3. To maintain a healthy skincare regime, ensure you’re using products that contain antioxidants. These help prevent free radical attack, target hyper-pigmentation and inhibit the enzymes that break down healthy collagen. I use the Medik8 C-Tetra Vitamin C Antioxidant Serum to give my skin an extra boost!
4. Swap your heavier Winter creams and serums with lighter and more calming and restorative products – please speak to one of the therapists to arrange a complimentary skin consultation.
5. Sun protection goes without saying – ideally SPF50 on the face. I would recommend the Elizabeth Arden Triple Action Protector Broad Spectrum Sunscreen.
6. Always make sure you drink enough water; hydrating from the inside and out is vital – it helps flush away any toxins and prevents your skin from dehydrating. Using products that contain Vitamin C add extra luminosity!
7. Last but not least… make sure you get plenty of sleep. Remember the ‘Three R’s’ – replenishment, repair and rejuvenation – this all happens when we sleep and the impact of sleep deprivation can be clearly seen in the complexion.
Summer brings sunshine and bloom – we are all awakening and so is our skin. During the Winter months, we tend to layer/cover and dress our skin with copious amounts of make-up and products. Now… Summer is here and we are ready to glow and go bare!